Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Heel Rest Technology
Rope Wrapped wedge
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Columbia Dorado Slip PFG shoes - Men's
- Rismart Women's Calf High Western Winter Leather Modern Boots
- Schutz Women's Latisha City Sandals
- Arcopedico 4281 L19 Womens Boots
- Kenneth Cole New York Men's Design 10791 Oxford
- Vans Women's Sneakers with colorful Print Textile
- YAYADI shoes Outdoors Jogging Trainers Pure color Men Running Sport shoes Autumn Male Sneakers Breathable Mesh Lace-Up Single
- Geox U Pit Lane U34C1G Navy HI-Top UK 6.5 EU 40
- Nike Men's Free TR V8 Training shoes Black Size 14 M US
- Buff Chaco Women's Z2 Classic Athletic Sandal
- Gcanwea Women's High Heel Multicolor Platform Wedges Sandals Breathable Summer Flexibility Casual Non-Slip Soles Stylish Comfortable Lightweight White 6.5 M US Sandals
- KemeKiss Ladies Height Increasing Thigh High Boots Lace Up Wedges Boots Warm Over-The-Knee Boots
- SOFIE MARTIN Succulents Cactus Floral Women's Canvas Low Top Lightweight Skidproof
- Indoor Floor Flat Slipper Autumn Winter Warm Slippers Women Cotton shoes Soft Sole Home Slipper Man,3,4041
- WeenFashion Women's Buckle Imitated Suede Closed-Toe Low-Heels Solid Sandals
- Skechers Women's Reggae Fest-Squirt Navy Teal
- ERSER Pink Magic Unicorns and Rainbow Power Womens Running shoes
- Wedges Sandals and Slippers, Women's Sandals and Slippers Summer Fashion Wild wear Non-Slip Sandals and Slippers Flat Sandals,Fashion Sandals (color A, Size 37)
- Cole Haan Womens Fernanda Grand Sandal Sandal
- BOYATU Leather Purse Shoulder Bag for Women Daily Crossbody Bag with Long Adjustable Strap
- Naturalizer Danton Tall Over-the-Knee Boots, Brandy Fabric, 8 W US
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.