Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- bluee Mephisto Womens Lise Slide Sandal
- Getmorebeauty Women's Fitness shoes Lace Breathable Loafers Fashion Casual Sneakers
- Adidas Crazytrain Elite shoes Women's Training White
- Mzq-yq Leather England Retro Men's Casual shoes Large Size European And American Men's shoes Casual shoes
- LEDLFIE Men's shoes Men's Leather shoes Business Formal Wear Tips Laces Single shoes
- XUE Men's Soccer shoes Soccer Cleats Football Boots Football Personalityn Soccer Anti-Slip,Low-Top Women's Sneakers，Short Spike Training shoes, Comfort Non-slip (color A, Size 38)
- Nike Men's Air Max Invigor Print Fitness shoes
- Reebok Men's Classic Leather Sm Low-Top Sneakers
- Women Open Toe Vintage Buckle Strap Heel Peep Toe Chunky Heel Sandals shoes
- Starry Sky Women's Fashion Running shoes Lightweight Breathable Girls Sneakers
- Unm Women's Simple Chunky Mid Heel Ankle Booties Dressy Zip Up Pointed Toe Short Boots with Zipper
- AmoonyFashion Women's PU Solid Buckle Open Toe Kitten-Heels Sandals with Metal Ornament
- Owaheson Lace-up Sneaker Training shoes Mens Womens Pug Wish Be A Unicorn
- AmoonyFashion Women's Kitten-Heels Soft Material Assorted color Closed Toe Sandals
- VIMISAOI Women's Genuine Leather Sequined Lace up Chunky Heel Punk Knee High Western Boot
- AmoonyFashion Women's Open-Toe Kitten-Heels Patent Leather Solid Buckle Sandals, BUSLS005354
- Women's Sneakers 2019 New Breathable Casual shoes PU Low-Top Sports shoes Fashion Platform shoes Athletic shoes Training shoes,White,38
- JaHGDU Male Foot Massage Health Home Interior Leisure Plaid Printed Pattern Good for Health Relax Exercise Daily Stylish Slippers
- Hummel Unisex Adults' Stockholm Suede Low Trainers, Beige White
- Men's Loafers & Slip-Ons Keep Warm Plus Velvet Dad shoes Winter Driving shoes Lazy Work shoes (color A, Size 45)
- Patricia Nash Women's Sabbia Motorcycle Boots
- DC shoes Crisis Trainers in Wheat
- Mona flying Womens Leather Lace-up Dress Oxfords Derby shoes for Womens Ladies Brown
- White Light Grey Reebok Classics Womens Club C 85 Sneakers
- Melvin & Hamilton Driver 4, Men’s Mocassins
- Fuxitoggo 2018 Sandals Men Casual Genuine Leather Lace Shockproof Outdoor Mountaineering Outdoor Water shoes Adjustable Sandals (color Khaki, Size 41 EU)
- Notton Chopped bluecher for Templates M-2909 Lead
- Adidas Originals BY2305 Equipment Support Advantage Trainers in Black Green
- Adidas Womens Pureboost X Athletic & Sneakers
- Lelehwhge Women's Stylish Open Toe Sandals - Faux Suede Platform - Buckle Wedge Medium Heels Gladiators shoes Green 8 M US
- Dr. Scholl's shoes Women's Anyways Loafer, Grey Linear Microfiber, 6.5 M US
- Puremee Womens Breathable House Bath Slippers Lightweight Flower Beach Footwear Water shoes Sandal Garden Clogs
- Clorts Women's Hiking Boots Waterproof Lightweight Hiker Leather Hiking shoes Outdoor Backpacking Trekking Trail
- AmoonyFashion Women's Pu Pull-On Closed-Toe Kitten-Heels Assorted color Sandals
- Tapeet by Vicini Women's T-Strap Platform Wedge Sandal
- Zarbrina Womens Low Heel Platform Fur Lined Ankle Boots Fashion Round Toe Rubber Sole Short Plush Lace Up Slip On Winter Keep Warm Snow shoes
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.