Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- BalaMasa Womens Bucket-Style Solid Nubuck Urethane Boots ABL11328
- Skechers Mens SK64833 Larson Nerick Lace Up shoes
- Minnetonka Women's, Paris Slide Sandals
- Franco Sarto Women's Lapis Western Boot
- Anniel Women's 1920AO786 Black Leather Sandals
- Regatta Professional Peakdale S3 Steel Toe Cap Workwear Safety Hiker Boot
- DC - Mens Rowlan Tx Low Top shoes
- LOVDRAM Men'S shoes Men'S Business Casual Black Leather shoes Men'S Youth Pointed Fashion shoes Carved Bullock Men'S shoes
- Xposed Mens Real Leather Brown MOD Double Monk Strap Brogues Classic Formal shoes
- Red Black Tortor 1bacha Fashion Leather Military Combat Boots for Women and Men
- Women Pumps Ladies Sexy Round Toe Rivet High Heels shoes Buckle Studded Stiletto Sandals
- AZYRRHA Men's Genuine Leather Casual Slip on Loafers Leather Lined Breathable Driving shoes
- Freewander Soft Lightweight Sports Sneakers shoes for Teens
- SaraIris Women's Fashion Stiletto Heel Poninted Toe Fashion Pumps shoes
- WeiPoot Women's PU Solid Buckle Round Closed Toe Kitten Heels Pumps-shoes
- AllhqFashion Women's Lace-up Kitten-Heels Imitated Suede Solid Low-Top Boots
- PUMA Women's Kai Lo Perforated shoes
- Blank NYC Womens Lace-Up Classic Skinny Jeans White 24
- Women's Boots, Large Size Women's shoes PU Fabric High Boots Plush Lining Non-Slip Soles Winter Warm Women's Boots, Comfortable Casual shoes,Pink,43
- Soda Women's Lace-Up Round Toe Floral Embroidered Military Combat Boot
- Poetic Licence Women's Side Line Burgundy Mid Heel Ankle Boot
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.